Many times well most of the time what you teach a child it usually stays with them, and if it is presented in a fun way it is almost certain that to stay with them longer. More important children like to share their new information with their families, some of the information may be new. So not only are you teaching their children you are also teaching them.
Before I introducing this game I would send out information to each child’s family so they will be familiar with some of the questions. Of coarse it is important not to send to much information so it will not become overwhelming. It is also important to get the families input, any way to get parents involved is important.
Why safety? Safety is important no matter where your child may be. Any information that a child learns in safety can easily be reinforced. From talking to strangers to playing with fire. This is important everywhere, not only in school but at home or in public places. Many times parents as well as teachers tend to overlook simple things like how unsafe playing with sharp objects, can be, such as pencils. Also taking simple precautions, as covering outlets, or not leaving cords hanging from drapes. This is why safety is important and why it can be life saving to many families.
Not long ago, many safety issues were not addressed the way they are now. Why has it changed so much in the past several years? I stop and look back at my life as an infant and a child many things have changed drastically. When I was a infant car seats were not required, to think the safety of my life was at risk, I can recall a time being involved in a accident and I was lucky I did not fly out of the windshield, being that I use to like to stand up o...
... middle of paper ...
...e a good choice or a family member makes a good choice. Sometimes it takes something like a game with fact to have families more aware of the choices that they make the good and the bad. We are only human and we can easily fall off track, I know that I am thankful when my children put me back on the correct track. It is also a good feeling to know that they are aware of their choices and that sometimes we don’t always make the correct ones. It also reassures our children that we as parents, grandparents, and teachers, also make mistakes and sometimes bad choices.
Still I feel that the most important thing is to model for children, take the time to talk to them and of coarse to listen to them. We all like to be heard at some point in our lives even when were small.
Robert Gonzales 5/9/05
Dorthoy Aguilar 5/9/05
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Each of the seven core competency areas has core competenices within them to elaborate on what is expected of professionals who deal directly with children. Using the fifth core competency, Health, Safety and Nutrition, my lesson plan will focus on 5.10. G. “Engages children in discussion about foods that help them grow and stay healthy, and how to choose snacks and meals wisely.” In order to teach young children about healthy foods, I would create a lesson plan with the help of the food pyramid.... [tags: health, safety, nutrition, NY state school system]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- A student’s stomach growls, and what is to come for lunch is immediately thought of. Will it be the overcooked, dried out pizza pockets, or the cracked, gooey bean burritos. When the student thinks about their empty stomach, filling it with precooked food simply warmed up is anything but satisfying. So, what can be done to fill the empty stomach. The unthinkable: eating a school lunch. Simply entering the school cafeteria is daring enough, but now having to eat the food. How outrageous this seems.... [tags: Health, Nutrition, Food Safety]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- Policy and Solution 1. The problem with todays society is that there are two things that are required for human beings to live: food and water. When you think of it, just think of how unsettling is it that our main source of life is also our main source of sickness in countless people. Unfortunately our food consumption is causing significant problems in a lot of different ways. In the Untied States, according to the New York Times, “one in three adults are considered clinically obese, along with one in five kids, and 24 million Americans are afflicted by type 2 diabetes, often caused by poor diet, with another 79 million people having pre-diabetes.... [tags: food consumption, obesity, health, nutrition]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Parents, who don’t have knowledge about nourishing foods, hygiene or by what means to maintain their child’s safety, may be accused of neglect. It is every parent’s responsibility to care appropriately for their child. Parents and children need to be educated on health, safety and well-being, by this they can develop the understanding and knowledge they require. Teaching children about safeguarding themselves helps them to make knowledgeable decisions regarding their well-being, establishing a healthier life into adult-hood, which in turn would promote their children’s well-being.... [tags: Child Health and Safety]
1067 words (3 pages)
- The key issue that apply to this theme are; education, poverty and multi-agency working. Parents possibly will not have been educated on nutrition and healthy eating, whilst they were at school or taught about what’s safe. Since the 20th century a great deal has changed, social networking sites have grown to be more popular, there has come about an increase in obesity within children and young people. There is also a great deal of significance on children’s safety, health and welfare. There are subsequently numerous children who are developing obesity as parents aren’t providing their children with the precise food they should be eating, considering that they weren’t informed around healthy... [tags: Child Health and Safety]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- As the obsession with "losing weight" continues, many people are turning to low-carbohydrate diets such as the Atkins diet. With total book sales over 45 million, many doctors are starting to ask questions about the safety of a high fat, high protein diet. There have been many short-term studies reporting that a low-carbohydrate diet can be effective for weight loss. Unfortunately, most studies have been based on data collected for 90 days or less. Dieters and Doctors alike could benefit from long-term studies reporting on safety and weight loss after a year or more.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Low-carbohydrate diets, such as the Atkins diet, may not be the best choice for weight loss due to long-term ineffectiveness, potentially negative side effects and a lack of long-term research. Ever since the recent popularization of the Atkins diet researchers have been trying to prove Dr. Atkins’ claims and determine whether or not the diet is safe. The current body of research available on dieting supports a diet low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates with an emphasis on calorie reduction.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Introduction The most important health issue in today’s society is that of food-borne illness. However, with an annual increase of these pathogenic bacteria popularly known as food-borne illness which results to death, researchers have traced the cause to the intake of contaminated foods. In today’s society, the foundation of a healthy lifestyle is the sort of food consumed, the nutritional content and the physical fitness that food does to the human system. In essence, food is needed in the human system for growth and development, for the sustenance of life, and nourishment of the body.... [tags: Nutrition]
655 words (1.9 pages)
- Safety in meat and poultry production is of paramount importance. Contaminated meat or poultry products present health hazards to the consumers. Bacteria, viruses and parasites as well as chemical residues present in meat and poultry products present health hazards to consumers. It is important that anyone practicing sheep production to understand application of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) in meat production as well as the chemical residues in meat that are of health significant.... [tags: Food Safety]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Whenever someone is deciding on what diet to go on, they consider whether it will keep the weight off in the end and what the pros and cons are compared to other diets. Atkins has been a growing trend in weight lost ever since Dr. Atkins came out with his best selling book Dr. Atkins’ New Diet Revolution. Through the examination of three different studies, researchers were able to determine whether the Atkins diet will keep weight off compared to calorie and fat reduced diets, as well as how this diet works.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
1310 words (3.7 pages)