This project was an opportunity for me to learn how to educate and guide patient’s in making better nutritional decisions with the help of my experience with MyFitness Pal. I think MyFitness Pal is an excellent resource for those that are interested in improving their nutrition. Nutrition is often neglected by patient 's, therefore, as dental professionals it is important to use the latest technology to attract our patient’s to become more interested in their nutrition. The positive impact of this project has encouraged me to recommend using MyFitness Pal to my patient 's as a hands on activity to help correlate nutrition and the patient’s overall health. This project also allowed myself to become aware of the poor diet decisions I made, which will help to benefit my patient’s that have a similar diet.
I found MyFitness Pal app to be easy to navigate and interpret. I found many advantages in using this app in regards to benefiting my patient 's and myself. After recording my meals, I found the app to be accurate and precise at calculating my average percentages compared to my goal percentages. I also found the process of using MyFitness Pal to be very detailed in the list of nutrients found in my food items. Even though certain meals had to be added separately, I still thought finding those food items was easy to do. Therefore, I found tracking my own diet with the use of this app to be very useful in regards to benefiting my patient 's in the future due to the knowledge I now have from this project.
I believe my personal impression of my diet was greatly influenced through MyFitness Pal, which has helped me to strive to make better decisions in regards to my nutrition. At first, I was shoc...
... middle of paper ...
...ing the patient long term.
The lack of knowledge and awareness can cause an increased risk for chronic diseases that can impact a patient’s way of life. There is also a correlation between nutrition and the oral cavity, which a poor diet can cause an increase risk for dental caries.
Recommending MyFitness Pal when talking to patient 's with a poor diet can potentially increase the patient’s awareness of their lack of nutrition.
As dental professionals it is our job to provide nutritional counseling to increase the patient’s awareness to make better choices in regards to nutrition. After
By using this app I found MyFitness Pal would be an excellent resource to help guide a patient through tracking their daily food items and can help in teaching patient’s about the nutrition their body needs.
If my pt was like me recommend not eating fast food. Sugar high bc of
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Balanced Life, Fitness and Nutrition is a personal fitness company based on personalized training and nutrition programs. They host one-on-one interviews with potential clients to determine the optimal training and food intake regimens that will help their clients towards their intended goals. This document is intended to serve as a basic summary of the Balanced Life, Fitness and Nutrition system to be developed by BREA Solutions. It is an extension and update of the previously submitted inception document.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Career Statement I developed a love for public health very early in my career, after a brief life changing experience in rural Nigeria. My medical school had closed for six months in my fifth year, because of a strike. I decided to go back to my village in rural eastern Nigeria, to stay with my elderly grandmother. She had diabetes and was showing signs of Alzheimer’s disease. I loved her dearly and wanted to help with her care. My village had no electricity and no health care facility.... [tags: Health care, Healthcare, Health care provider]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction It is true that a project manager required numerous skills in order to lead a team to a solution or project completion. Leading a project to its successful implementation requires many skills and traits that range from common project management abilities to unique knowledge and experience. (Wu) The qualities Wu suggest that a project manager has similar, if not the same, definition as a leadership. Knowledge, experience, communication, organization, and leadership skills are qualities and traits for both.... [tags: Self Assessment]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- The first day I began as a county 4-H Extension Agent was January 23, 2010. As I began my new adventure with WVU Extension Service, my guiding principle for all that I accomplish was and continues to be this desired outcome: youth led by knowledgeable caring adults learn and grow positively so that ultimately youth become caring and skilled members involved in their communities. Now in my fourth year, I have begun to reap some of the benefits from my previous three years of successful efforts. The summer camping season peaks with five summer day camp opportunities, up from three in 2010.... [tags: leader, youth, nurtition, skills, program, society]
2275 words (6.5 pages)
- Some of the Key take away are 1. It is very much important to focus on the planning phase, before beginning a new project and we must understand the whole project lifecycle. 2. For a business case planning, its mainly required to determine the front-end effort 3. Building a project charter is an important aspect. In order to develop a project charter, require much knowledge regarding the whole project. We must define the content of a project charter, and stakeholder assessment matrix. 4. We can also extend the project proposal by outlining and adding more information to the project charter like Why Accountability, Business Process Not Working, Competition, Change, Congruency(ABCC) is requi... [tags: Project management, Management]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- It is important to ensure that the Learning Objectives have been achieved and that learning by the students have mastered the course. To decipher the level of learning, assessments are developed to make such determinations. This paper will provide examples of assessments of the learning objectives created in the previous Module. It will also discuss the use of Outcome-Based Assessments (OBA), and provide an outcome based assessment for an adult keyboard course. It will define and discuss the purpose of an Outcome-Based Assessment, the challenges such an assessment, and describe solutions that can be utilized when implementing this assessment into a program.... [tags: Assessment ]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Table of Contents Nutrition Therapy 1 Nutrition Consult 1 Meal planning 2 Body Weight Considerations 2 Psychosocial support. 3 Calorie Intake 4 Nutrient Composition of the Diet 4 Fat Intake 5 Carbohydrate Intake 6 Sucrose 6 Fructose 6 Vitamins and Minerals 7 Alcohol Intake 7 References 8 Nutrition Therapy The most fundamental component of the diabetes treatment plan for all patients with type II diabetes is medical nutrition therapy.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
2616 words (7.5 pages)
- Nutrition If you go into any gym in the world and randomly ask 100 people to pinpoint the most important thing for achieving success in bodybuilding and fitness, you'd probably get just as many different answers. Most replies, however, would involve various training programs or styles. As important as training is, nutrition plays an equally large role — your diet is almost always responsible for either success or failure in bodybuilding and virtually any fitness program. Here I'll present a basic nutrition program that includes some key tips on nutritional timing, metabolic enhancement and preferred food and supplement choices.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Nutrition is an important issue in my life for many reasons. The most important being my major, dental hygiene. I’ve taken a couple nutrition courses already. I also simply care for the fact that what we eat is associated with our health and how long we may live. Before I went to the website I didn’t expect to see many healthy benefits to eating McDonalds so I guess I was prepared. It said that McDonald’s food is linked to serious diseases because of the high fat and low fiber content. I know from my nutrition classes in the past that a low fiber diet is linked obesity, diabetes, arteriosclerosis, colon cancer, and many more things.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Nutrition Paper When I first began this project I thought the 7 day eating log was going to be a waste of time, but now that have completed it I realize that it is actually very beneficial. I never realized how bad I was eating until I took a step back and looked at it. This has greatly impacted me to change my eating habits, and start to chose healthier foods. Something I learned about myself is that I have a lack of will power when it comes to certain types of candy or food. I saw ice cream come up more than once on the list, which isn’t very healthy.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
525 words (1.5 pages)