Most users of computers, in recent years, have lost interest in the technology that is in a PC or a MAC. They are simply concerned with if it works or not. Most users of computers have very little or no understanding of how a computer works. They may know some vital components to a computer (mouse, Keyboard, Monitor and base) but if a computer crashes for example, they have no knowledge of how to repair one. The hardware is the parts of the computer itself. A computer is very similar to the human body. It consists of the case (skin), the Central Processing Unit (the brain) the RAM technology (memory) and the motherboard. Together they are acknowledged as a personal computer or PC.
Often shortened down to Hard Drive, The Hard Disk Drive is a non-volatile storage device. That store programmed data on revolving platters. Like RAM, it is also well known for being mea...
... middle of paper ...
...ind a laser printer is the same as the technology found in a photocopier, which means that you can only print in black and white. The printer is connected to the hard drive via a USB port.
In conclusion computers need all different components to make them function properly. And losing one of them could cause the whole computer to break down or crash. As for the future of computers and computer related software and hardware, who knows? We could be seeing a Petabyte RAM and/or Hard Drive space computer that can be owned by a family in the next decade. Or a computer monitor that is as thin as a piece of paper but has a screen size that would please the user. Or even a mouse that can be controlled by brain wave activities or voice control. As Windows proved in 1995 with the release of the launch of successful personal computers, (Windows ’95) anything is possible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Hardware can be daunting. The following is a brief look at why every computer science major should be knowledgeable in the acronyms that abound within the computer industry. Overwhelming Factors Budding computer science majors can be thankful to Ken Thompson’s desire to travel space. It was this desire that maintained a failed attempt of an operating system by a joint venture of General Electric, Bell Labs, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The operating system was named Multics and was abandoned in the late sixties, yet Ken Thompson had programmed a game he named Space Travel for Multics and it still needed an operating system on which to run.... [tags: Computer Science]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- The Basic Computer Hardware Central Processing Unit: The central unit is the basic part of the computer and includes all the main computer parts. It is the heart of the computer system. It is responsible for executing, or running the software. The software programs are translated into a series of codes made up of 1s to 0s that the CPU can understand. Every code means a certain operation should take place. A CPU has various discrete units to help it in these tasks for example there is an arithmetic and logic unit(ALU) that takes care of all the math and logical data comparisons that need to performed.... [tags: Computer Hardware Research Paper Technology]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Has your computer broken down and you had no idea how to fix it, well businesses that specialize in computer repair can fix it in no time, if you go to the right place that is. Computer Repair Technicians fix or manage computer hardware and software they may also manage computer peripherals such as routers for internet. Careers in computer repair are becoming more common nowadays and with new technology being released it is likely to grow even more. Computer repairmen or computer techs respond to peoples problems with computers and fix the problem, whether it be hardware or software.... [tags: hardware, software, accesories]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- As John Carroll and Ann Bishop state “Most learning takes place in communities.” (2005). This could be informal communities, such as a conversation at a workplace, or it could be a more formal setting such as a distance education course. Regardless of the level of formality, humans learn from one another through communication in some fashion. The issue for educators, then is how best to channel this natural tendency for learning, and how to best utilize technology in the process. Therefore, computer-supported collaborative learning (CSCL) focuses on employing the benefits of collaborative learning via networked computers (Computer-supported Collaborative Learning, 2007).... [tags: computers, technology, education]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer engineering can be generalized as the summation of the electronic sciences by integrating certain components varying from microprocessors all the way to supercomputers. The development of the computer has shaped the way technology and science is viewed in different cultures around the world. The definition of what the archetype and function of a computer is a monitor, keyboard, processor and its other electronic components; however, that is not how things have always been. Computers have been around for quite some time and were developed over many years with contributions from philosophers, inventors, engineers, mathematicians, physicists, technicians, visionaries, and scholars.... [tags: Technology]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Computer Information Paper Computers have changed so much over the past several years it is hard to know what the best choice for personal or business use. Making an educated decision based on input and output options along with memory and speed is the place to begin the process of choosing a system. The best way to make the decision is to know and understand the components of the computer and what it will be used for. Accuracy of Data Input Inputting Data into a computer is a critical piece in the processing of information.... [tags: Product Analysis ]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- With increasing popularity of computer games, and multimedia home PC users often need an unexpensive computer system upgrade. By building a custom computer one is able to combine componenets, and operating system to provide maximal gaming performance. Computers are often called number manipulators, because of their ability to run millions of mathematical operations per second (White 43). Computers use binary system of numbers, which allows them to operate system of microscopic switches called transistors found inside of computer chips.... [tags: essays research papers]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- Computer Security in the Information Age Computers; they are a part of or in millions of homes; they are an intricate part of just about every if not all successful businesses, the government, and the military. Computers have become common place in today’s society and the lives of the people who live in it. They have crossed every national, racial, cultural, educational, and financial barrier, which consequently ushered in the information age. A computer is a programmable electronic device that can store, retrieve and process data, and they come in all shapes, and sizes.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2236 words (6.4 pages)
- With the PCLM solution came another set of problems, the largest being that of what to do with the existing personal computers. We had just assumed we could dispose of the outdated computers as you would any other item, by placing it in the trash. That turned out to not be the case, we had to obey all local, State, and Federal regulations regarding the proper disposal of personal computers and CRT monitors. The other unforeseen circumstance was compiling with Federal laws associated to properly destroying all sensitive customer information off the PC hard drives.... [tags: Case Study, solution]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduce the concept of using information security models (why are they important). Two fundamental concepts in computer and information security are the security model, which outlines how security is to be implemented. Basically providing a blueprint and the architecture of a computer system, which fulfills this blueprint. A security model is a statement that outlines the requirements necessary to properly support and implement a certain security policy. A security model provides a deeper explanation of how a computer operating system should be developed to properly support a specific security policy (Whitman, 2014).... [tags: Computer security, Access control, Computer]
747 words (2.1 pages)