As we know it, advance gadgets are changing faster than we can think of. Knowing that the long-awaited iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon Wireless this month, I thought of purchasing it under the deal of a 2-year contract. I am a Verizon Wireless customer using a feature phone for basic uses (e.g. calling and texting). Although I want to upgrade to a smartphone, I still have a contract with my feature phone. As part of my research, I reread my network provider’s Customer Agreement. I was horrified to know the $175 ETF I have to pay if I cancel my current contract. The ETF may be prorated, but paying around $100 still hurts my pocket. It is worse if I had a smartphone because I have to pay twice my current phone’s ETF. I cannot assure that nothing wrong will happen to the iPhone within the 2-year contract. My first reaction is ETFs are ridiculous and exploitations to ...
... middle of paper ...
...-termination fees: Taking the bite out of consumers' bark." Canadian Broadcasting Corporation [CBC] 4 Sept. 2008. Gale Opposing Viewpoints In Context. Web. 31 Jan. 2011.
Everard, Ben. “Early Termination Fees: Fair Game or Federally Preempted?” The George Washington University Documents 7.4 (2009): 1033-1043. Print.
Paczkowski, John. “Is Verizon's New Early-Termination Fee Anti-Consumer?” AllThingsD.com. The Wall Street Journal, 7 November 2009. Web. 30 January 2011.
Silva, Jeffrey. "Early termination fees under fire." RCR Wireless News 27.26 (2008): 19. MasterFILE Premier. EBSCO. Web. 30 Jan. 2011.
Sprint. Early Termination Fee. Sprint Nextel Corporation, 2011. Web. 2 February 2011.
T-Mobile. Terms and Conditions. T-Mobile USA, Inc., 2011. Web. 2 February 2011.
Verizon Wireless. Customer Agreement. Verizon Communications, 16 January 2011. Web. 2 February 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Last Name 1 Name Professor Course Date Investigation Into Effective Employee Termination In management, effective leadership involves the daily responsibilities of monitoring employee productivity, dealing with customers and handling the technical aspects of business. Being a manager can be fun, rewarding and socially interesting. A good manager is positive and provides support and motivation for employees. However, one of the responsibilities of a manager, along with hiring, is firing.... [tags: Termination of employment, Employment, Layoff]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- There is a noticeable increment of cellphone usage between children of ages 6 to 12 in the last few years. The statistics show that “6 out of 10 children own a cellphones” (ConsumerReport.org). This report clearly shows that there are a large number of children who own a phone. Now, with the latest advanced technology we cannot do much to prevent minors from gaining access to this type of devices. However, what we need to concern about is the damage that phones can cause to children. Lately, there have been many cases of abduction of children by social networks, and also cases of theft of cell phones.... [tags: Advanced Technology, Cellphones]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Technologies within cell phones are changing rapidly; so rapidly that the changes cannot be controlled. Cell phones and phones in general have evolved greatly since they were first invented, with everything available with only a click of a button. In general, phones have gone from being connected to one through an operator, to calling someone using a dial phone, to being able to contact someone while they are on the go at a pay phone station, to having one’s own personal hand held cell phone. Cell phones have greatly come a long ways and have technologically improved.... [tags: Our Cellphones Our Selves, Impacts]
2064 words (5.9 pages)
- “Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus”, and still one patient dies in every 17,000 abortions if the abortion is done in within the first 16-20 weeks of the pregnancy (The Life Center). Furthermore, after an abortion, many women can no longer conceive or struggle with fertility in the future, and many women later regret their choice of abortion due to the risk factors that later have an impact on their future lives.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Dilation and curettage]
1823 words (5.2 pages)
- Introduction New Balance is privately owned company, which is the second largest footwear manufacture in the United States and the fourth largest footwear manufacture in the world with annual sales in 2008 of $1.61 billion (Veleva, 2010). Although New Balance owners did not have an official Corporate Social Responsibility policy there was a strong culture of “Doing the right thing” (Veleva, 2010). New Balance owners along with company leadership did realize that New Balance needed to engage in the next step, which was to develop a strong Corporate Social Responsibility.... [tags: shoes company, right thing]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- The Great Gatsby emphasizes that people’s sense of responsibility depends on their financial stability and social class. Exclusively, characterized as either rich or poor, people are supposed to manifest a corresponding mentality towards the consequences of their actions as regards to their family, work, or society as a whole. F. Scott Fitzgerald conveys the lack of responsibility in the established wealthy class by displaying its disregard of important affairs and its materialistic view of life.... [tags: great gatsby, responsibility, fitzgerald]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- ASSESSMENT TWO The importance of Corporate Social Respon-sibility (CSR) and elaborate on its possible advantages and disadvantages for corpora-tions. o La Trobe University o BUS1BW1 o HETTITHANTHIRI PATABANDIGE DON MUDITHA SACHIN GUNASEKARA LTM18854777 o AMIR ROUSAHD o An essay submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements of the unit Business Writing in the Diploma of Information Technology. Sometime recently, partnership was fundamentally on edge about the economic results of their choices.... [tags: Social responsibility]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- The Takeover of Cellphones Cellular devices have evolved and technologically advanced significantly over the last couple of decades. There are many uses to this technology it ranges for something as simple as cordless phone calls, text messages, and even surfing the web. This technology can be thought of as a system just like any other technology because it is dependent on a lot of other components than just the cell phone by itself. Cell phones all need to have a provider company who gives the cell phone signal from a tower.... [tags: communication technology]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Tenure and Termination Tenure is a position aspired to by all beginning teachers. Tenure is a form of job security that teachers can earn after they reach a certain level of professionalism (Scott, 1986). Once a teacher has earned tenure they are able to maintain an ongoing employment contract within an educational system, as long as they abide by the rules and regulations outlined in their contract. Many states have created tenure policies to protect competent teachers from malicious accusations, and these policies can vary state to state.... [tags: job security, career, professionalism]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- We were young and in love. It was supposed to be that all American story that ended in happily ever after. Unfortunately, it turned out to be an American story of other sort; a story of frustration, personal intrusion, and despair all tightly woven together by a single managerial decision. A decision that proves the managerial decision-making process can forever alter the course of a person’s life. At the pure and young age of 16, love was found in Lance. Recently turned 17, Lance was removed from my side as a host at a local restaurant.... [tags: Amendments, Economy]
1086 words (3.1 pages)